Blog Journal #7


School Websites 


Okay so, writing this reflection will be the easy part of this entire ordeal. I literally struggled SO hard to find a teacher’s class website. I had to resort to entering “Mrs. [insert generic surname]’s Class” into the google search bar, luckily that worked. After half an hour of searching, I came across Mrs. Collins’s webpage—she is a Digital Literacy teacher. On her site she has a gallery filled with photos of her family and herself, as well as her classroom and activities. She has resources available for grades K-5. She also has a very detailed About Me which lists her credentials and her experience as a teacher among many other things. Screenshots of her website are presented below.





Using Technology in a Professional Setting 


As an English teacher I envision myself using technology quite a bit, you know... when our noses aren’t in books. Microsoft and Google are definitely at the top of my list. I know that sounds pretty generic but... yeah, anyway. I will make sure my students become proficient in writing essays and creating presentations. Moreover, I suspect the job itself will come with some basic technology usage. In high school we used Schoology, an educational social networking tool which is similar to Canvas. Most schools utilize some sort of social networking app to keep their students up-to-date with assignments and announcements. I definitely see myself using these in the future.  


PB Works Project  

This assignment was pretty interesting and I think it could prove useful in the future. The interface seemed kind of outdated and was pretty difficult to navigate. I would like to see it updated. These wikis were useful in determining the credibility of sources which, I think, is very important from an educator perspective. Determining source credibility is imperative when conducting research and writing papers, which is something I anticipate my students will be doing a lot of in English.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #5

Blog Journal #6